A Conversation with Vincent James, the President and CEO of Dare to Care
May 15, 2023
St. Vincent de Paul Louisville
In this conversation, Dare to Care's President and CEO Vincent James will inspire you to serve others! As a nonprofit partner of SVDP, James and his team help feed those in need. A ton of the food we cook for clients or hand out to them—try 27,000+ pounds of food last month to the Open Hand Kitchen and Food Pantry—comes from Dare to Care.
CEO Dave Calzi talks to him about many exciting topics, and come to find out, they have a lot in common! They chat about their mutual love for Muhammad Ali, coming from financial backgrounds, and sharing the same mission.
James opens up about:
- his upbringing, faith, and calling to serve others
- Dare to Care's compensation study and securing $10-15K raises for frontline employees who were working 2-3 jobs
- Dare to Care's desire to move to a plant-based diet to increase life expectancy
- working as Metro's Chief of Community Building during the pandemic and summer of 2020 protests over the killing of Breonna Taylor
- serving as the Senior Pastor of Elim Baptist Church, and even praying with one NFL quarterback before every game
Visit https://daretocare.org/ for more information about this local nonprofit.
Thanks to everyone who listened! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn!